Dr. Victor C Onukwugha
GOVERNOR 2019-20 RC GARKI-ABUJA
Dr. Victor C Onukwugha is the Executive Chairman of Bauhaus International Limited and President/CEO of Bauhaus International Incorporated of New Jersey USA. An alumnus of University of Nigeria, University of Lagos and Harvard University Graduate School of Design, he is armed with a B.Arch. (1981), M.Sc. Constr. Mgt (1985) Ph.D. Constr. Mgt (1991) and AMDP (Real Estate), 2006.
Dr. Onukwugha has had considerable exposure and varied experiences with full practical attachment in all facets of Architecture, Project Management, Real Estate Development and Tourism Development.
He has excelled and achieved the underlisted milestones in his chosen businesses and professions and in so doing has earned the following:
- Fellow Nigerian Institute of Architects (FNIA)
- Associate member, American, Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Member, Institute of Directors (IOD)
- Member, National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB), USA
- Member, International Association of Housing Science (MIAHS)
- Member, International Facility Management Association (IFMA), USA.
- Member/1st Vice President, Association of Housing Corporations of Nigeria (AHCN)
- Member/Ex-officio Real Estate Developers Association of Nigeria (REDAN)
- Member Real Estate Academic Initiative (REAI) of Harvard University.
- Real Estate Developer of the Year 2014.
- Member, Nigerian American Chamber of Commerce (NACC).
He has worked in close contact with clients, consultants, contractors, oversea associates, financial Institutions and other renowned organizations both locally and abroad, He has set up office procedures and corporate governance systems while in the employ of various organizations locally and abroad prior to founding Bauhaus International Group. As a renowned, Harvard trained world class Real Estate Developer and an accomplished architect. Dr. Onukwugha has designed numerous buildings both in Nigeria and the USA. He has also successfully undertaken the realization of numerous notable real estate developments in Nigeria such as:
- TRANS AMADI GARDENS ESTATE, PORTHACOURT
- THE MALL AT ALADINMA, OWERRI, IMO STATE
- ARUGO GARDENS ESTATE, OWERRI, IMO STATE
- PEARLVILLE SCHOOL (A co-educational Nigerian-American Secondary School) Owerri
- TAG PLAZA, PORTHARCOULT
- ROCKVILLE GARDENS ESTATE, GUZAPE ABUJA (on-going)
has also had a teaching stint as Associate Lecturer (Adjunct Professor) at the Department of Architecture, University of Lagos, Nigeria between 1988 and 2002.
joined Rotary in 1989 in District 9110 and transferred his membership to Rotary Club of Garki District 9125 in 2001. An avid lover of everything Rotary, his passion for Rotary and its activities is legendary. Essentially, he sees “Giving” though Rotary as the only civilized way to participate in organized giving that enables him to reach a wider and diversified society. He has served his Club and District 9125 at various levels as President, President Committee of Club Residents, two-time Assistant Governor, two-time Luminant Government and Chairman of various District Committees including Rotary Friendship Exchange, Paul Harris Society as well as two-time Chairman of Central Planning Committee for President Elect Training Seminar (PETS)/District Team Training Seminar (DTTS)/District Training Assembly (DTA)/Grant Management Seminar (GMS). He is currently the District Trainer and District Governor Nominee. He has attended Fourteen (14) International Conventions and all the District Conferences since joining District 9125. His contributions to the Rotary foundation have earned him the following
- Major Donor
- Paul Harris Society Member.
He has also received a lot of Clubs and District Awards. His Philanthropy which drove him into the Rotary Club has also earned him Chieftaincy tittles from seven communities in Imo State but he has preferred to maintain one chieftaincy tittle of NNANYERE UGO
of each of those communities. He is also a highly religious person and an ardent Catholic faithful which has earned him a Fourth Degree Knight of the Sacred Order of Knights of St. Mulumba (KSM). A workaholic who loves to work hard and play hard, he has actualized these two passions through his membership of only three clubs viz:-
- ROTARY CLUB
- IBB INTERNATIONAL GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUB ABUJA
- ABUJA JAZZ CLUB
He is also a member of the prestigious Harvard Club of New York.
Despite his numerous commitments, Dr. Onukwugha
is a very passionate family man and is happily married to a beautiful wife,
Dr. (Mrs.) Pearl Ihuoma Onukwugha, an Educator and a Ph.D. holder in Organizational leadership. Their marriage is blessed with six lovely children.